Friday, May 8, 2009

For the Love of God

As I walked in the dark through the field (ons klein veldjie!) to the bus stop this morning, I wondered what would happen if I happened to stumble upon a snake (talk about paranoid).

The cold reminded me that winter was close and snakes are cold-blooded, lethargic in the cold and hibernating in the winter. This led me to wonder why God had created them as such – what purpose was there in putting specific animals to sleep for half the year?

And then the thought struck me – my God loves me so much that if He knew I would be bitten by a snake early one winter morning, He would have taken that into account when He created snakes however many years ago.


God would actually plan the details of all His Creation to ensure my safety millions of years later!!

That may seem unlikely and I guess it’s not the reason that snakes hibernate in the winter, but knowing the depth and intensity of my God’s love for me, it is totally possible!

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to
separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment